Arlington & Co. Hatton Garden – Wedding Ring Engraving
Arlington & Co. offer a complementary engraving service on our wedding rings. Depending on the size, width and style of your wedding ring we can engrave around 30 characters inside a ring to create your individual inscription. We offer two styles of font as standard, however, should you have a favourite style of font or require another language please just ask. Our engraver works here in our showroom and is always happy to advise.
It is believed that the first examples of wedding rings were found in ancient Egypt dating back as far as 3,000 years ago. Evidence of braided rings of hemp or reeds are noted of being exchanged among a wedded couple.
This was also the origin of the practice of wearing the wedding ring on the ring finger of the left hand, which the Egyptians believed to house a special vein that was connected directly to the heart
During the 1500s and 1600s, European husbands would bestow a ‘gimmel ring’ upon their wives. A gimmel ring consisted of two interlocking bands. The bride and groom would each wear one of these bands after their engagement, and the two bands would be reunited at the wedding ceremony.
This was a style of ring that was popular during the Renaissance. It came in the form of a band of sterling silver, inscribed with a poem or similar expression of love.
In 1942 British wartime restrictions on the manufacture of jewellery resulted in “utility” wedding rings which were limited to a mass of no more than two pennyweights and were made from 9ct gold rather than the traditional 22ct.
Nowadays wedding rings are often made of red, white or yellow metals like coloured gold‘s or platinum and can be adorned with diamonds. It can be common to have an engraving on the inside of the ring include the name of one’s spouse, or of both spouses, and or date of the wedding, and possibly a phrase of special meaning.
Arlington & Co. Hatton Garden – 10 Top Tips For Buying Rings.
1. When you are about to invest in something as precious as a wedding ring, it is important to give a lot of thought to the styles and materials that you feel may suit you.
2. Every couple has their own budget in mind. Know yours so that you can be sure of what you can both achieve once you have started looking around.
3. It is important that choosing your rings is a shared experience, one where you should be fully satisfied with the wedding rings you have both chosen.
4. Be prepared to be surprised by what you see when you start looking for your wedding ring. With so many new and innovative designs, you may set your heart on something quite different from what you had always imagined.
5. Brides-to- be will always wonder if their wedding ring will sit well with their engagement ring. Whatever it’s shape or size, and if it is made to fit correctly, your wedding ring will only stand to complement and enhance the beauty of your engagement ring.
6. If you wish to have diamond detail added to your ring/s, ensure you get good advice from a reputable jeweller. It is important that the quality of the diamonds in your ring are equally matched to those of your engagement ring.
7. Time is of the essence. Some ring designs can take up to eight weeks to produce so try to allow yourselves as much time as possible before your special day.
8. A great follow up service is a must. This establishes trust and shows good practice. Your jeweller must offer this support.
9. All diamonds at Arlington & Co. are conflict free, which means you can wear the rings with pride. All jewellers should be able to provide suitable confirmation to this aspect of their supply.
10. Learning how to care for your wedding ring is an important part of the buying service. The team at Arlington & Co. will show you how to maintain your new rings, so that they look beautiful forever.
Arlington & Co. Hatton Garden – Diamond Set Bands.
Diamond set bands are used in a number of ways. The traditional is the diamond eternity ring given to a partner for an anniversary, the birth of a child or just because, it is very popular to have a wedding ring set with diamonds too. Not forgetting the more modern commitment ring or pre engagement ring.
Here at Arlington & Co. we have an array of beautiful designs to suit all tastes and budgets, we design and hand make diamond rings in platinum and 18ct gold.
To arrange a no obligation consultation please fill in our enquiry form on our website (please see link) or phone on 020 74054402 to speak with one of our friendly consultants.
Arlington & Co. Hatton Garden – Rose Gold
Pure gold has a slightly reddish colour to it although it is yellow in colour, however, gold can be produced in various colours.
Rose gold is made from gold and copper alloy. The pinkish orange colour of copper alloyed with gold gives the gold a beautiful pinkish gold hue.
18ct rose gold contains 75% gold the remaining percentage is made up of copper and silver.
Here is a selection of rose gold engagement rings available in store. We also make rose gold wedding rings, eternity rings, and diamond jewellery.
Arlington & Co. Hatton Garden – Vintage style hand made wedding rings.
These wedding rings feature an orange blossom floral design, hand engraved all the way around the outside of each band. The flower blossoms are engraved with a leaf pattern between each flower and then diamond set. Both the outside and inside of this design are curved forming a slightly domed exterior for complete comfort.
Perfect for a spring or summer wedding!
Available in Platinum, 18ct Rose Gold & 18ct Yellow Gold.